Carbon Coat is a new technology in floor coatings made from polycarbonate. The same material used to make bullet proof glass. We have developed the product to for use on Timber and Concrete Floors. It is tough, totally UV stable timber coating. Additionally, also has superior clarity bringing out the natural beauty of resurfaced timber floors.
Carbon Coat provides greater resistance to:
- scuff marks
- chemicals (more so than conventional floor coatings).
Importantly, it’s a single-pack that will perform as good or better than the leading European 2-packs on heavily trafficked timber floors. However, if a 2-pack coating is preferred, we have other options. We have a non-toxic, VOC free additive called Diamond Link Hardener which can be added to Carbon Coat.
Carbon Coat has good working time to help minimise application marks and allow the material to flow level and look uniform. It also displays early hardness development with a rapid full cure time floors are back in use much sooner.
Benefits of Carbon Coat Timber Floor Coatings:
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Latest Polycarbonate waterborne technology
- Superior clarity
- Early occupancy (2 days at 25 degrees)
- Very good rejection resistance
- Very good edge bonding resistance
- Option of single or 2-pack
- Non-toxic and VOC free hardener additive to achieve abrasion resistance
- Excellent UV resistance
- Very good yellow resistance
- Very good scuff resistance
- Low odour
- No breathing apparatus required to apply
- Self priming, can be used without sealer
Certainly, Carbon Coat emits almost zero toxic odours (VOC’s). Is water-based, making it safe to use and minimising environmental impact.
Moreover, Carbon Coat is suitable for interior applications on virtually any commercial species of timber available in Australia.
- Perfect replacement for outdated toxic 2-pack polyurethane
- Extremely durable, impact and abrasion resistant for heavy traffic conditions
- Super flow ability eliminating brush and roller marks
- UV Stable and non-yellowing maintaining an ultra clear surface film
- Fast hardness development allowing floors to be back in service sooner
- Virtually odourless and environmentally friendly
- Ready to use from the container and easy to apply
One coat will cover approximately 8 – 12 square metres per litre.
Ensure the floor is acclimatised to its end use environment. Timber must have a moisture content close to equilibrium, usually 10-17% for satisfactory coating.
Firstly, sand back the surface to bare timber. Floors must be free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other foreign material. A 120-grit sanding disc should be used for the final sanding process.
Secondly, apply Ecoshield Colour Enhance as the primer before applying the topcoats.
Firstly, allow Carbon Coat to reach room temperature. Shake the container lightly before use. Optimal coating conditions are between 18 – 25°C and 40 – 60% relative air humidity. Minimum temperature for use is 10°C.
Secondly, apply the topcoat evenly using a brush and 10mm microfibre roller. Avoid the accumulation of product.
In addition, always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps. In higher temperatures dilute with Ecoshield 30PLUS. At a rate of 5% for increased working time.
Above all, minimum dry time of 30 minutes at 25°C before re-coat is required.
It is not necessary to do intermediate sanding between coats. But for the smoothest results and to reduce grain raise, we recommend doing an intermediate sanding before the final coat. Using 180-grit sandpaper or
screen. Remove dust before applying a final coat.
In conclusion, full cure may take 3 days depending on climatic conditions. Clean the floor with a wet cloth or mop only after full cure is reached. Do not clean with water or detergent during the first 3 days. After 3 days we recommend the use of Eco Clean. Put mats at all entrance doorways to minimise dirt and grit.
Sweep or vacuum daily and damp-wipe with Eco Clean. Use felt pads under furniture legs and appliances.
Place furniture and other heavy appliances carefully.