Epoxy floor coatings, once thought as only acceptable for industrial settings like factories, warehouses, and garages. Epoxy floors have become extremely desirable for commercial and residential areas. This is because of their incredible unmatched benefits. Some of those benefits include but are not limited to:
Interior design for any part of your home. For instance, homeowners to have strong and durable floors in their kitchens, living spaces, rooms, and outdoor entertaining areas. Epoxy floors can be designed to mimic other flooring materials like wood and/or marble. When choosing a design, epoxy allows owners to have a pick between colours, textures, patterns, and more.
For garages and basements, a residential epoxy floor offers homeowners a floor that is hard to damage. likewise, it is extremely affordable. For areas like basements and garages, having a floor that is fire-resistant and waterproof is a high save on any insurance claims and possible damages. Epoxy is more than just looks, especially for a home with pets and children.
Home epoxy floors are extremely durable and make great floors for families and large groups of foot traffic within the home. With a long-life expectancy, epoxy residential floors are cost-effective in the immediate and long-term.
Safety benefits of epoxy floors are just more reasons why business owners have made the switch to concrete floors. Not only can you keep your business open while epoxy floors are being installed, if a shutdown is required it would not impede on business for long because epoxy floors are installed very quickly. In addition to being non-toxic, epoxy floors are slip-resistant, heat-resistant, and seamless making them less of a hazard.
The best part about industrial grade epoxy flooring is that it can be installed in a number of different areas that all require different benefits from their floors. Areas like laboratories, warehouses, clinics, showrooms, chemical facilities, food and beverage areas, and more can all benefit from an industrial grade epoxy floor.
Our Eco Epoxy Shield is a premium 2-component epoxy that is yellowing resistant. Eco Epoxy Shield is 100% solids (no volatile solvents) and contains ZERO fillers or extenders so, it is a pure epoxy resin designed for use on concrete or otherwise rigid substrates.
Eco Epoxy Shield has very high adhesion to most surfaces coupled with high gloss and film build with good wear resistance which makes for aesthetically pleasing functional heavy-duty coated surfaces.
- Decorative flake system base coat (when pigmented) and build coat.
- Art décor floor surface for residential and commercial
- Factory floors
- Retail stores
- Automotive showrooms
- Binder for non-slip particulate surfaces
- High film build from 100% solids, wet film thickness equals dry film thickness
- High transparency and film clarity
- Suitable for interior and exterior use (pigmented or filled for exterior)
- Adheres well to a wide variety of surfaces
- Good chemical resistance (see following table)
- Water resistant
- Good durability and wear resistance
- Simple to mix 2:1 ration of resin to hardener
- Can be coloured with Eco Colour Shield
- Nominal cure approximately 24 hours at 20°C and 65% RH for 200 micron, 5m² per litre film thickness on glass. For cold temperatures, cure time 48 hours at 10°C. Full hardness development over 7 days
- Can be overcoated with Carbon Coat or Eco Sparta Shield