Lets talk about Anti-Slip Floor Coatings.
So, let’s talk about anti-slip floor coatings. At Industrial Facilities all over the world, safety is a top priority for business owners. When choosing a floor coating for your facility, it may be necessary to use a ready mix epoxy non-skid, or a seed-in floor system.
Prior to coating a anti-slip floor coatings floor, a floor coating contractor should consult with the owner to determine several things:
- Will the floor sometimes or never be wet or dry?
- Is the surface going to be flat or at a slopped angle?
- How important is aesthetics?
- Is the floor going to have forklift traffic?
- Is gloss and color retention important?
What are your options?
With many different additives and products out there, it’s important to understand the different options for obtaining a textured finish. Always ask what is the owner’s expectations. A test patch sample may be required to determine that the proper degree of non-slip has been achieved. Here’s 2 different systems you can use to achieve a slip resistant finish:
- The first option is the broadcast/seed-in method. Our Eco Epoxy Shield and Eco Sparta Shield (Polyaspartic) are both great products for this application. Some common aggregates used for broadcasting include sand, aluminum oxide, and glass. Generally, the contractor will roll out the floor coating, then come back within a few minutes and broadcast their aggregate into the coating. You can back roll the seed floor to encapsulate the aggregate. Some refer to broadcasting as “throwing chicken feed”. After the coating has dried, it is important to sweep up the excess aggregate. A finish coat of Eco Epoxy Shield, Eco Sparta Shield (Polyaspartic), or Carbon Coat (WB Polycarbonate) with 2-pack additive Diamond Link Hardener can be applied a finish coat to help increase abrasion & impact resistance.
- Apply a ready to use Non Skid Coating. Ecoshield’s Eco Sports Shield is a ready to use, easy to apply non-skid. It comes pre-tinted and available as a single pack or 2-pack. For use in areas with the potential for tyre pick up, add Sports B for added protection and strength. Once the floor has been primed with Eco Bond, the floor is ready to be coated, mix the product and pour. Use a 20mm lambs wool roller to achieve desired finish. 2 to 3 coats is recommended. Full cure 2 days at 25°C or 4 days if the temperature is
For more information about Ecoshield’s Non-Slip Floor Coatings, contact us one of our knowledgeable technicians.